Sunday, December 27, 2009

Much Vegan Deliciousness!

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I wanted to share some of my recent experiments from a variety of Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero's cookbooks:

1. Classic Broccoli Quiche from Vegan Brunch: I am a big fan of quiche. And I was very skeptical of this one, as there is, of course, no eggs or cheese involved, but O...M...G! Delicious! Everything that a quiche should be and then some! As I mentioned before I really don't like tofu, but this recipe is amazing and I will make this again and again.

2. Peanut Butter Blondies and Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar: Both incredible, especially the chocolate oatmeal ones.

3. Spicy Tempeh Broccoli Rabe Pasta from Veganimicon: I love it! Tempeh may be my new favorite veggie food.

Meanwhile, I received The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone for Christmas. I'm about a third of the way through it and I'm really loving it. Granted, there's really nothing here that I didn't already know from other readings about Veganism, but I'd definitely recommend it for total newbies. To boot, there are a snarkload of scrumptious looking recipes that I can't wait to try. And what do I love best about this volume? The fact that Silverstone doesn't for a second pretend that she is superhuman and admits to her slip ups over her years of transitioning from a meat eater to a vegetarian and finally to a vegan. She doesn't preach perfectionism and even claims that she's tempted by cheese once in a blue moon, which for me, is phenominal and makes me feel so much less of a hypocrite and horrible person for my failings in my new vegan life. She may be my newest vegan hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment